Friday

End of 2023

Not such a bad year. Definitely better than 2020 - 2022, which were brutal.
I'm grateful to the friends I have in Berlin (and beyond) - they know who they are - and to the people who like my comics. I feel like I'm making progress, even if it's glacially slow.
It was good to get back into the Berlin comic scene which is a supportive place these days, at least at the grassroots, street level.
Currently I'm trying to decide what to focus on next. I'll probably do some short projects and then see which I feel most inspired to continue.
Meanwhile I'll have a story in Blab issue 2. That book should be coming out in spring 2024 from Dark Horse. 
Right now I'm finishing the art for Blab issue 3. I think this story is the best comic I've done.
I'm thinking of doing a weekly diary comic in 2024. Just to help me loosen up and be more spontaneous and as a kind of therapeutic exercise. Like a page a week or something. Just posting it on instagram. We'll see.
I'm still adding new material to the fossil book, and colouring it when I have time. This is how a finished page looks like.
There were some really great, inspiring books in 2023, plus good podcasts, youtube channels, zines. Despite the wars, mass murders and recessions, the comic scene survives and is even in good shape - at least creatively. 
See you in 2024!


No comments:

Post a Comment